Anti Aging – Can DHEA Help Keep You Young?
DHEA as an anti aging supplement is a powerful supplement in the fight against aging and maintaining youth.
It is seen as protecting against many diseases, increasing sexual libido and giving users a feeling of well being and acting as an general all round anti aging supplement.
DHEA What Is It
DHEA is a hormone naturally produced in the human body. It is the sole precursor hormone responsible for the production and regulation of every other steroid and sex hormone in the body.
DHEA is the only hormone that declines with age and declines signal a variety of age related diseases. It is generally seen as a powerful anti-aging treatment.
DHEA is a natural human hormone (a steroid) actually produced from cholesterol by the adrenal glands. DHEA is additionally produced in the gonads (sexual organs), in adipose tissue (fatting tissues) and the brain itself.
DHEA is in fact, the most abundant hormone in the human body. Only in humans is DHEA the dominant steroid hormone. Humans produce DHEA in greater quantity than any other species.
DHEA As Supplement For Sexual Health
DHEA is a general tonic of well being as helps maintain sex hormone levels therefore increasing libido
DHEA Anti aging properties
The famous biochemist Stephen Cherniske has shown that one of the most consistent and devastating aspects of aging is the emergence of the metabolic syndrome, which is also termed Syndrome X.
Decreased insulin sensitivity, free testosterone, and HDL, along with increased LDL, total cholesterol, and triglyceride levels, characterize the metabolic syndrome.
The decline in DHEA secretion contributes to the metabolic syndrome and its related diseases such as heart attack, stroke, and type II diabetes.
Results from the use of DHEA are gradual, and over time, one should not wait for some dramatic change.
The anti-aging properties of DHEA are especially gradual, as is aging itself, and may be noticed over an extended period only.
There are some short-term effects, such as in weight control and anti-depression, but it may also be noted that in addition to dietary supplementation, regular strenuous exercise also naturally raises the DHEA level in the human body.
The use of DHEA as a dietary supplementation is believed to have the following affects:
• It maintains sex hormone levels
• Increases the production of antioxidant enzymes in the liver
• DHEA blocks an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate-dehydrogenase (g6pd) which is needed to produce fat tissue and also promotes cancer cell growth
• Relieves stress
• Strengthens the immune system
• Improves mental clarity as people age
• Helps the body burn calories for energy rather than store them as fat
• Declining levels of the hormone DHEA are implicated in Alzheimer's disease diabetes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, arthritis, obesity, cancer, atherosclerosis and heart disease and depression
• Increases muscle mass and strength
• Beneficial in increasing feelings of well being and libido and acts as a sex stimulant
DHEA is the subject of intensive and continuous research, but more and more people are now looking at DHEA as one of the key anti aging supplements.